When it comes to affordability, chicken drumsticks tend to be the go-to cut of poultry for family dinners. Learn how to elevate the humble drumstick by turning them into incredible mains with these saucy marinades, rubs and star chef concoctions!
Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks
DIRECTIONS: 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients. Reserve ¼ cup (60ml) for basting later.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place rinsed chicken in a large sealable plastic bag.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and toss to ensure the legs are evenly coated with the marinade.
4. Marinate 4 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Once chicken has marinated, prepare barbeque for indirect medium heat (350°F) (175°C) leaving one side on and one side off. Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
6. Place chicken on the grill over the side with no heat (indirect medium heat).
7. Turn chicken every 3-4 minutes, brushing with the reserved marinade. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until chicken is crispy and cooked through. Chicken is done when the juices run clear.
8. Remove chicken from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes and serve.